With daylight-saving time beginning at week’s end (March 8 at 2am), we wanted to provide an overview of the issues that can occur with PVS delivered desktops and XenApp servers.
Some of the issues that occur as a result of the time change are:
- Time not showing correctly in the Desktop or XenApp server,
- Desktop failure to register with DDCs,
- User inability to log on due to domain trust relationship issues caused by the VM/Domain time difference.
- Open up your PVS delivered image(s) in read/write mode after the time change has occurred on Sunday.
- Run “w32tm /resync /nowait” at the command prompt.
- Set the image(s) back to read only, following your normal image preparation procedures.
Remember, you must reboot all PVS delivered desktops and servers after you make the above changes to ensure they receive the updated version.
Being proactive will help ensure a smooth Monday morning for all of your users!
More information on this issue can be viewed here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200058