Provisioning Services (PVS) and Daylight-Saving Time
With daylight-saving time ends at week’s end (Nov 4 at 2am), we wanted to provide an overview of the issues that can occur with PVS delivered desktops and XenApp servers. Some of the issues that occur as a result of the time change are:
- Time not showing correctly in the Desktop or XenApp server,
- Desktop failure to register with DDCs,
- User inability to log on due to domain trust relationship issues caused by the VM/Domain time difference.
- Open up your PVS delivered image(s) in read/write mode after the time change has occurred on Sunday.
- Run “w32tm /resync /nowait” at the command prompt.
- Set the image(s) back to read only, following your normal image preparation procedures.