Expanding a vDisk
Do you need to increase the size of your vDisk in order to allocate more space to your OS drive? Follow these simple steps to complete the process on a Windows 2008 R2 server and above.
- Download the following link: VhdResizer
- Once you have the VhdResizer installed, open it.
- Browse to the VHD that you want to expand:
- Once the VhdResizer opens, enter the new name and size of the .VHD file in the appropriate fields. When finished, hit the “resize” button:
- Once you have your new .VHD file you will need to have Windows expand the drive from the disk management standpoint. Right click on your .VHD file and click “Mount”:
- Open the Windows Disk Management console:
- You will now see your .VHD drive mounted with the new unallocated space:
- Right click on the Volume and select “Extend Volume”:
- Now right click on the mounted .VHD and select “Detach VHD”: